cti-users message

Subject: RE: [cti-users] [cti-stix] [cti-users] MTI Binding

I’d like to offer a challenge: How do we move on from this conversation?

(Note: Sean’s/John’s emails came out while I was writing this – I think we’re on the same page)

I think we’ve heard everyone’s viewpoint at least once, and we’re starting to hear certain viewpoints multiple times. I don’t think we’re going to come to a consensus in this thread – can we find some common ground and then apply this energy to other problems?

In this thread, I’ve heard people advocating for both JSON and JSON-LD. I have not heard anyone advocating for another MTI binding. I also have not heard a challenge to the idea that we should have one MTI format. Based on what I’ve seen, I’d say that more people are for JSON than for JSON-LD, though we do not yet have a consensus. I hope I have said nothing controversial in this paragraph.

Here is my proposal for moving forward: JSON and JSON-LD are the current contenders for the MTI Binding, and prototypes/examples are preferred (but not required) to be in one of these formats. Once we get some real discussion under our belt in terms of mockups and use-cases, we will be able to revisit this discussion with more information.

What is the next most important topic we should be discussing?

Thank you.

-Mark