cti-users message

Subject: RE: [cti-users] "Data Marking" syntaxes

It sounds like the IEPF folks have put a lot of thought into these concepts and I’m looking forward to participating in that.    I did want to comment on Bret’s questions below.    I don’t think this approach is too different from Bret’s JSON examples except I think that each TLP color is a bucket that is a convenient way to encapsulate a useful “set” of sharing, handling, and allowed action restrictions.

Here is my own off-the-cuff translation of TLP into explicit sharing, handling, and allowed action restrictions (may be wrong).   Maybe we could add the complex use cases from Bret’s JSON examples on top of this more explicit representation of TLP?  Or maybe wait until the IEPF folks give us some more rigorous representations and then add on?

TLP White:

·        Policy (further-sharing-default=permit, allowed-action-default=permit)

TLP Green:

·        Policy (further-sharing-default=deny, allowed-action-default=permit)

·        Over-ride on further-sharing-default

Target = All

Permission = Permit

Caveats = NoAnonymousAccess

TLP Amber:

·        Policy (further-sharing-default=deny, allowed-action-default=permit)

·        Over-ride on further-sharing-default

Target = YOURSECTOR

Permission = Permit

Caveats = None

TLP Red:

·        Policy (further-sharing-default=deny, allowed-action-default=permit)