cti-users message

Subject: Re: [cti-users] Vote NO on JSON - Vote YES on JSON-LD and here is why...

I have not seen a single CISO or CTI Analyst endorsement. I do see the list of developers, engineers, etc. endorsements you provided. Thanks! I stand by my post.

Cheers,
Shawn

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Trey Darley <trey@soltra.com> wrote:
On 22.11.2015 10:18:04, Shawn Riley wrote:
> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/oasis-cti-stix-vote-json-yes-json-ld-shawn-riley

Shawn's post on LinkedIn mischaracterizes the resolution proposal.
Please everyone take the time to actually *read* the mail which went
out Friday [0] before formulating a judgement.

It is *not* the case that CTI vendors are attempting to hammer through
a decision on the MTI serialization. This is a *community-wide effort*
to progress beyond an interminable and unproductive debate which is
undermining the entire CTI effort.

A large number of prominent members of the community have come out in
support of the proposal already, including the overwhelming majority
of the TC co-chairs, the majority of the MITRE representatives, *and*
the majority of vendors participating in the OASIS CTI community.

Public endorsements to date include:

  * Aharon Chernin (Soltra)
  * Alexander Foley (Bank of America)
  * Bernd Grobauer (Siemens)
  * Bret Jordon (Blue Coat)
  * David Eilken (Soltra)
  * Ivan Kirillov (MITRE)
  * Jason Keirstead (IBM)
  * Joep Gommers (EclecticIQ)
  * John Anderson (Soltra)
  * John Wunder (MITRE)
  * Jon Baker (MITRE)
  * Jonathan Bush (Soltra)
  * Mark Davidson (MITRE)
  * Richard Struse (DHS)
  * Sergey Polzunov (EclecticIQ)
  * Terry MacDonald (Soltra)
  * Trey Darley (Soltra)
  * Wade Baker (ThreatConnect)

*Nor* is it the case that we are ruling out standardizing a JSON-LD
CTI serialization schema *in future*. From the mail that went out
Friday:

<snip>
Likewise, the co-chairs recognize that there will be communities of
interest requiring alternative serialization formats (XML, protobufs,
JSON-LD, OWL, etc). The OASIS TC has a role to play in helping to
standardize these alternative representations to ensure
interoperabilitity. However, that work effort lies in the future.
First we must complete the task at hand.
</snip>

[0]: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cti/email/archives/201511/msg00105.html

--
Cheers,