cti-users message

Subject: RE: [cti-users] Vote NO on JSON - Vote YES on JSON-LD and here is why...

I am advocating that there are needs that the general info sec end users require that STIX is not currently offering. If the community feels that the fastest way to do this is to head down the JSON/JSON Schema path then I need to accept it. I don’t have enough expertise in RDF/OWL Ontologies to be able to be able to disagree with that.

I personally do not care what we develop the model in, just as long as we can make it more useful to our end users and enable them to better describe what they want to describe. My ultimate goal is to make it easy for end users to share and consume information that help them to defend themselves better.

I am very keen to see the output that Sean has mentioned in his recent post, as I would like everyone to be on the same page, but based on the past few years I expect pragmatism will need to prevail. Hopefully some concrete outputs will help people who aren’t RDF/OWL wizards understand the real value in the model.

Cheers

Terry MacDonald

Senior STIX Subject Matter Expert

SOLTRA | An FS-ISAC and DTCC Company