cti-users message

Subject: Re: [cti-users] ThreatActor associated with a Sighting?

I happen to live in a world of sightings.

In STIX 1.2 you cannot link a Threat Actor to a Sighting. Sightings are only contained within indicators. Your goal is to create a relationship that will either get you to your threat actor, or get you back to your indicator.

Commonly used relationships:
Indicator -> TTP <- Threat Actor
Indicator -> Campaign -> Threat Actor

Hope this helps.