cti-users message

Subject: Re: [cti-users] Geotagging STIX Objects

Hi Joshua,

We are using ontologies based on STIX, CYBOX, CIQ, etc to enable standards based Object-Based Production (OBP) of cyber security data and information into a knowledge and activity graph to automate analytic pivoting and enable Activity-Based Intelligence reasoning using description logic. This is the same technology based approach using ontologies that enable OBP/ABI in the DOD/IC on ICITE and is used in efforts like the National Map. https://cegis.usgs.gov/ontology.html

Please feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss this further.

Shawn

Shawn Riley
DarkLight Cyber
shawn.p.riley@darklightcyber.com

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM, <Elihu.E.El@nga.mil> wrote:
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

...I understand.  That is great.  We are working on the application to actually map objects.  Since we are using Lean Startup, would you kindly forward your contact information to Joshua.  This will enable to conduct the appropriate interviews.

Continued Regards,
Eli

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Thomson [mailto:athomson@lookingglasscyber.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 10:14 AM
To: El Elihu E Mr NGA-XFI USA CIV <Elihu.E.El@nga.mil>; Bret_Jordan@symantec.com; cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org; cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org; cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org; Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com; Richard.Struse@hq.dhs.gov; terry.macdonald@cosive.com; terry.macdonald@gmail.com
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [cti-users] Geotagging STIX Objects

This email was sent from a non-Department of Defense email account, and contained active links. Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm authenticity of all links contained within the message.

This email was sent from a non-Department of Defense email account, and contained active links. Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm authenticity of all links contained within the message.

This email was sent from a non-Department of Defense email account, and contained active links. Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm authenticity of all links contained within the message.

Adding location to the STIX model is part of the goals for STIX 2.1 specification version.

This would provide the capability that you suggest (and some).

allan