cti-users message

Subject: Re: STIX Python Library

By “STIX document” do you mean a bundle? That is the only component that directly contains multiple STIX objects.  We are working on APIs for collecting STIX objects from multiple data sources and resolving references (for both embedded relationships and explicit Relationship SROs). Possible data sources will include bundles in a file on disk, TAXII servers, etc.

At least in the near term, I want to avoid having the Python objects maintain direct references to other objects, since keeping the Python object graph in sync with the higher-level conceptual STIX object graph will be no small feat (with versioning, etc.). But there will ideally be an option that allows users to easily navigate the STIX object graph *as if it were* a Python object graph, fetching information from external data sources as needed.

Hope that helps,

Greg Back
MITRE

On 2017-04-18, 1:06 PM, "Elihu.E.El@nga.mil" <Elihu.E.El@nga.mil> wrote:

    Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

    ...With the built-in function, would you kindly have it recursively traverse the whole STIX document and place each STIX component into an Python collection that can be indexed.  The relationship properties of the actual objects would maintain the integrity of cardinality.  Frankly, it amounts to creating a new Python-side container.  It is, what it is.

    Continued Regards,
    Eli