cti-users message

Subject: Re: [cti-users] STIX GEOTAG Properties

Elihu:

The Cyber Threat Intelligence Technical Committee (CTI TC) is currently finalizing the full Committee Specification for STIX 2.0.  It will update that data model that you attached just a little bit.  We anticipate that process to be complete July 7th, a week from today.

With respect to your question, we found that properties related to Location are so important that we have elevated that concept to a top level object.  We are currently developing a new Location object.  It will probably be included in the STIX 2.1 release.  We recognize the importance of lat/long and date-time as you point out.  We would welcome your participation in the dialogue on the definition of this Location object.

If your organization is a member of OASIS, please join the CTI TC and participate in our working meetings. If now, please join so you can help us design this data object in a manner that supports your needs.

Jane Ginn, MSIA, MRP
Cyber Threat Intelligence Network (CTIN)
+1 (928) 399-0509