cti-users message

Subject: Re: [cti-users] RFI: STIX Workbench Layer

Hey Pat.

There has been some progress on the workbench layer [1], but the MITRE people working on it have had other priorities over the last month or so. I would hope there will be something we can release within the next few weeks, but I would have said the same thing a few weeks ago, so I don't want to make any promises.

Assuming you mean Jupyter Notebooks for the Workbench layer, we have a couple idealized ones we've been using as we develop the API, but nothing we want to commit to in terms of what the final API would look like. I'm happy to share with anyone who is interested in helping out. We do have lots of Jupyter Notebooks covering the rest of the python-stix2 API [2].

Also, just a reminder that the open repos are *not* work products produced by the TC, and that anyone (whether a member of the TC or not) is welcome to contribute, after signing the OASIS CLA [3]. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks,

Greg

[1] https://github.com/oasis-open/cti-python-stix2/compare/38-workbench
[2] https://github.com/oasis-open/cti-python-stix2/tree/master/docs/guide

[3] https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/open-repositories/cla

On 2018-01-15, 09:35, "Patrick Maroney" <cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of pmaroney@wapacklabs.com> wrote:

(1) Can the CTI TC provide an approximate target date for:

"Workbench Layer

The highest layer of the stix2 APIs is the Workbench Layer, designed for a single user in a highly-interactive analytical environment (such as a Jupyter Notebook). It builds on the lower layers of the API, while hiding most of their complexity. Unlike the other layers, this layer is designed to be used directly by end users. For users who are comfortable with, Python, the Workbench Layer makes it easy to quickly interact with STIX data from a variety of sources without needing to write and run one-off Python scripts.

This layer is currently being developed."

(2)  Are any prototypical iPython/Jupyter Notebook files available anywhere?

Patrick Maroney

Principal Engineer - Data Science & Analytics

Wapack Labs LLC

(609)841-5104