cti-users message

Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] TAXII Information Request and Response Proposal

Reading the "TAXII Information Request and Response proposal” challenged my understanding of the purpose of TAXII channels and how they maybe used.

My understanding of publish-subscribe channels is that publishers send their data to a channel and
the subscribers pick it from the channel as they see fit. As opposed to subscribers asking publishers for data through requests messages, basically a client-server system.
I believe the burden of serving channels/topics/contents/... should be on the TAXII server not on the publisher.

Are TAXII channels intended to be like a “chat” rooms for client to exchange structured messages or for them to be pub/sub of STIX data streaming on the channel?