cti-users message

Subject: Integrated Cyber Oct 2-3, 2018 @ JHU-APL in Laurel, MD

Hello-

I'll be out at JHU-APL for the NSA and DHS sponsored Integrated Cyber fall event on Oct 2&3. If you are in the Washington DC area, come out and say hello at this free event. There will be 2 days of sessions and the theme this year is the Power of Community & Actionable Information Sharing. Below are 2 of the sessions I'm involved with.Â

Panel:ÂActionable Information Sharing - Enabling Defenses: Sharing IOCs is necessary but not sufficient. We need to make processing/usage of IOCs as automated as possible and we need to evolve what is being shared to be something that organizations can use to more appropriately protect and defend the network. This panel will discuss what makes threat information actionable for network defenders and what type of information (e.g., adversary TTPs) would be valuable to share.

Date:ÂOctober 2nd

Moderator:ÂSherri Ramsay Consultant; Former Director, NSA/CSS Threat Operations Center (NTOC)

Panelists:

Jeff Aboud, Director Product Marketing, Kenna Security - confirmed

John Jolly, President and CEO, Syncurity

Shawn Riley, CDO and CISO,ÂDarkLight

Donnie Wendt - Security Engineer, MasterCard

Tech Talk: Understanding Resiliency Effects on Adversary Behavior. In this talk we'll look at both intelligence driven and control based resiliency effects on adversary behavior (TTPs) across the cyber attack lifecycle and how to measure this to identify gaps, effectiveness of mitigations, and what this means to the defender's risk factors.ÂÂ

Date: October 3rd

Presenter: Shawn Riley, CDO and CISO, DarkLight

image.png

http://www.cvent.com/events/integrated-cyber-fall-2018/event-summary-ca4b654cf98141fb9389b8f2ccf1eaf7.aspx

Best,Â
Shawn Riley