cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] OASIS CTI - Need to recruit

Bret,

Don’t disagree with the need for evangelism in engaging as many stakeholder Domains as possible.

However, some assumptions you make below are incorrect.  In addition to my company’s  direct pro-bono engagement in various open and closed community forums of CTI since 2007 in terms of moving CTI and our Utopia Framework agenda forward, I also represent the interests of the US Defense Industrial Base members of the Defense Security Information Exchange (DSIE), another “large” ISAC I’m not cleared to publicly disclose, and “Vendor" organizations like NC4 (and some I cannot publicly disclose).  We are also collectively engaged in various partnerships with US Agencies (e.g. DHS), Cross-Sector Sharing Organizations, International Organizations like FIRST, etc. in terms of moving the overall CTI Inter-Exchange agenda forward through advocacy, both “proof-of-concept” and fully operational reference implementations.

I believe there are others here as well who are representing a broad set of shared/common interests as part of both direct partnerships/affiliations as well as pro-bono “Good Netizenship” Community participation/support.

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
P.O. Box 569
Marlton, NJ 08053
Office: (856)983-0001
Cell: (609)841-5104
Email: pmaroney@specere.org

From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Date: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 2:14 PM
To: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Cc: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Bret -

Not to discourage recruitment (!) but rather just for a bit of perspective from my role here...

I have *never* seen a TC launch with this many members. More common is 10 to 20. Very few TCs have ever had this kind of interest or involvement. (Of course, very few TCs deal with a topic as pressing as CTI either.)

Also, having just 1 or 2 people from any member company in a TC is common.

That said, Carol and Robin are continuing to investigate and recruit and are happy to work with you to target potential players. Feel free to get in touch with them with any ideas that you have.

I agree with you about vendors but I think we have some of them in the works.

/chet