cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Inviting nominations for Chair of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) TC,

+1

On 2015-06-10 11:34 AM, Peter F Brown wrote:

- it’s probably a good idea to have a single chair to kick things off. This doesn’t mean that even by the second meeting we establish that co-chairs are a good idea. The first meeting it is good to have some clarity, simplicity and a single person steering us through the call!

- Secretary is useful, particularly for larger committees, like this one seems destined to be, can handle roll call, agenda, minutes, etc. and leave the Chair with hands free to actually concentrate on the meeting and its discussions.

- We should also remember that every deliverable from a TC needs at least one editor: In my experience, the TC’s work is better served when the roles of chair and editor are separated. The editor’s job is to ensure that texts reflect agreement or consensus in the group; the chair’s role is to steer the group towards such agreement. Editors need to be known when the TC advances onto the first step of the formal process of creating any particular deliverable – although names can be added or changed any time up to publication.