cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Inviting nominations for Chair of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) TC,

Hi Tony,

Yes, there is a specific role identified as Non-Voting Member in the system. As Peter said, when someone requests that they be made a NVM they can still participate in all ways - engage in the discussion at meetings, send email to the mailing list, etc. - but they do not count towards quorum and they do not vote.

Best,

/chet

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:38 AM, Pham, Tony D <tony.d.pham@bankofamerica.com> wrote:

Peter,

Is there such PNVM?  Or is that a term that indicated Role = Member, Voting = Non-Voter?

Tony

From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Peter F Brown
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 10:53 AM
To: Peter Allor

Cc: Chet Ensign; Aharon Chernin; Terry MacDonald; Jordan, Bret; cti@lists.oasis-open.org; Richard Struse; Scott McGrath; Robin Cover; Carol Geyer

Pete,

Excellent point (btw, despite my address, I hold a British passport, Belgian residency permit, and a US State Department driving license!)

Jonathan,

Indeed, it is possible to join as either an “Observer” (which means exactly that – follow meetings and threads, but no posting or speaking rights at meetings) or as a “Persistent Non-Voting Member” (which allows you to contribute, post, speak, etc. but not vote nor – most importantly – have your person count towards making quorum): this last is valuable for people who are irregular attendees and who do not want to affect the overall quorum and stability of the group. I use that status on a couple of TCs when I know that I can’t commit to regular participation but want to contribute when I can. An observer or voting member who wants to transition to PNVM has to request that or the chair or secretary, there is currently no mechanism to assign oneself this role from the get go.

Cheers,

Peter