cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] IMPORTANT - How we will handle logistics for the first meeting of the CTI TC

Hi!,

Whilst this is not important for this call, going forward can we also look at having some other international dial-in numbers as well.  I know the majority of members are probably US based, but it would be nice to have some Europe and Asia/Pacific dial-in numbers as well.

Regards,

Dean

From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Chet Ensign
Sent: Thursday, 18 June 2015 4:09 AM
To: cti@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Struse, Richard; Carol Geyer; Robin Cover; Dee Schur

Hi everyone,

The first meeting of the OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) TC is set for tomorrow and we are gearing up for a big kick-off to this new Technical Committee. We may have as many as 100 attending. Managing such a large conference call while giving everyone the opportunity to speak is obviously going to be challenging. So below, please find instructions on how we plan to manage the meeting and what you need to do to help this work smoothly.

We will be using two software programs to manage the meeting: Lync/Skype for Business for the call itself and SoapHub for managing the speaker queue and online chat. Explanation of both is below.

The dial-in number for the meeting is:

+1 (781) 271-2020 (US)

+1 (703) 983-2020 (US)

Conference ID: 7127861

You may be placed into a waiting area prior to starting the call.

Everyone will be muted when the meeting starts save for myself and Rich, the convener. You can use *6 to mute and unmute yourself. PLEASE place yourself on the queue (as explained below) and wait to be recognized before speaking. For those dialing in only who are not online, we will pause at points to ask for speakers not online to speak. Working with us via the queue will help us keep things flowing smoothly and keep people from talking over one another.

To join SoapHub and use the queue feature, follow these steps:

The link to the SoapHub facility is http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/cti. This is a separate tool from Lync/Skype and requires no extra software to run. It just runs in your browser.

When you first log in to SoapHub, you will see the dialog box that asks you to go to Settings and enter your name. Click 'ok' and the Settings box will open. Please enter your first name, last name, and company (or 'Individual' if an Individual member). (See screen-shot-1.jpg attached.)

This will also help us shorten the time for the roll call. We will consider everyone listed in SoapHub as recognized and only ask for the names of those not online.

The chat window will be active. If you wish to talk to the issue under discussion, please place yourself on the queue by clicking the raised palm on the lower right of the screen. (See screen-shot-2.jpg attached.) This will add your name to the Queue window at the top right. Once you have finished speaking, click the palm again to remove your name from the queue.

Again, those of you who are not on SoapHub, please wait for Rich or I to invite comments from the offline participants before speaking.

Thank you for your cooperation and participation in the meeting. With possibly over 100 callers, we'll all need to be patient in order to manage the conversation and get things done.

Also, please find attached copies of the slide deck I will go over tomorrow introducing the OASIS process. If you don't have them handy, don't worry about it. You can follow the conversation without them.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

This e-mail and any attachments to it (the "Communication") is, unless otherwise stated, confidential, may contain copyright material and is for the use only of the intended recipient. If you receive the Communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete the Communication and the return e-mail, and do not read, copy, retransmit or otherwise deal with it. Any views expressed in the Communication are those of the individual sender only, unless expressly stated to be those of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, or any of its related entities including ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited (together "ANZ"). ANZ does not accept liability in connection with the integrity of or errors in the Communication, computer virus, data corruption, interference or delay arising from or in respect of the Communication.