cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] STIX Subcommittee Nomination

If we have one big STIX committee then I would want the structure underneath it to represents separate sub-working groups with their own leaders, deliverables. and own working spaces.  Can OASIS setup that kind of structure?  I want the working groups to be focused on what they are trying to do.  For example I could see a structure like:

STIX - Sean and ????? (maybe Joep or?? )
STIX 1.x - Someone from MITRE and Aharon

Given the community that Aharon already supports and needs to support, it is really important that he be involved in the STIX 1.x work.  That is not to say that he is not also highly involved or a co-chair of STIX 2.x, but I feel he really needs to make sure that STIX 1.x does what it should.

In my mind it is also very important that chairs of working groups and sub-working groups have the time to actually spend on it.  We have way too much work to do to have partially committed leadership.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems
PGP Fingerprint: 62A6 5999 0F7D 0D61 4C66 D59C 2DB5 111D 63BC A303