cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] CTI-Outreach Sub-Committee Nominations/Discussion

You and Joep will be great on this effort.

Bret

Sent from my Commodore 64

On Jun 19, 2015, at 10:11 AM, Patrick Maroney <Pmaroney@Specere.org> wrote:

I graciously accept the nomination on proviso that everyone is patient until such time as I can safely remove my OASIS "training wheels". I'm not confident that I am sufficiently competent in OASIS processes and procedures, but have a number of  highly qualified Mentors to guide me.  Please free to do so as well when/if I stumble.

Patrick Maroney
Office: (856)983-0001
Cell: (609)841-5104
pmaroney@specere.org
From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@threatloop.com>
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 7:45:53 AM
To: Joep Gommers
Cc: jg@ctin.us; cti@lists.oasis-open.org

I would officially like to nominate the creation of the Outreach Sub-committee, for discussion at the next CTI TC meeting. I think having a group dedicated to evangelizing STIX/TAXII and CybOX and finding how we can best integrate with other work being performed by other groups around the world would be substantially beneficial.

I would like to second Patrick as co-chair for the community outreach sub-committee if one is formed. He always has such a broad vision, identifying ways that STIX / TAXII and CybOX could integrate cohesively with others efforts. I think he is a great candidate.

I would also like to nominate Joep Gommers as co-chair for this sub-committee (if it eventually exists). Joep and his team have provided the community with free libraries to encourage the creation of tools. He has taken every opportunity to help increase awareness of STIX/TAXII/CybOX within the security community within Europe, and his selection would help give the committee some international flavour.

Cheers

Terry MacDonald | STIX, TAXII, CybOX Consultant

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this email do not represent the sentiment of any other party except my own. My views do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.