cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Database Subcommittee

Jerome (as he often does) gets this right in one (how about that - use a British colloquialism instead of a US one!).

We just submitted a paper for publication at MILCOM looking at STIX/TAXII/CybOX versus IODEF/RID from the perspective of humans versus machines doing the processing. My guess is you can guess the end of the story: STIX/TAXII/CybOX is much better for machines. IODEF/RID is much better for people. Since the goal is for inter-machine communication, you get the point.

It does mean there is a lot riding on VERY clear, implementable, interoperable specifications. Debugging this stuff is going to be a nightmare, more especially if the language is so nuanced there are dozens of ways of saying the same thing.