cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] CTI TC Adoption and Interoperability SCs

I think we are actually in agreement.  I'm not advocating heavyweight "suites" of exhaustive tests but I do think we will benefit from a shared understanding of the basic outlines of what it means to be interoperable.  Definitely a question that the SC would need to tackle.

-----Original Message-----
From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Eric Burger
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2015 3:47 PM
To: cti@lists.oasis-open.org

Believe it or not, I would shy away from any measurements short of what we say someone needs to do to meet a profile, which is the profile definition itself.

Likewise, I would shy away from test or verification suites. The industry’s experience with standards with elaborate verification suites has been the protocols fail because it takes ages to build the verification suites, they are obsolete when published, which ossifies the underlying specification.

In a decade after everyone is using STIX and TAXII, we can think about formal acceptance suites.

If the specifications are so obfuscated we need specifications to specify what the specifications specify, we have failed.