cti message

Subject: Re: Open Question to the CTI Community

> (1) CybOX is  'just a language', STIX is an "Envelope/Box" that can be used to address/package letters, poetry, written, books, magazines, produced in this language, and TAXII is the means to deliver said packages (e.g. Postal Service, FedEx, etc.)

This is all opinion, but my opinion is "kind of". I do see the STIX_Package object as an envelope for high level STIX objects (agreeing with your envelope analogy). I do not see the individual high level STIX objects agreeing with your envelope analogy.  These high level objects mostly represent "things".  I have not come up with a good analogy for CybOx other than "necessary evil"😊

Here is my view of the world:

STIX: Assertive threat language. HTML for threats.

CybOx: Cyber fact language

TAXII: Transport "protocol", query protocol, the server, etc. The http for STIX, so that we can create the Apache for Cyber Intel. Does Apache do order processing for Amazon?

In my opinion, the warehousing and back end order processing should not be standardized as it's areas where vendors can innovate without breaking interoperability.

Aharon Chernin
CTO
SOLTRA | An FS-ISAC & DTCC Company
18301 Bermuda green Dr