cti message

Subject: (reminder to vote for Interoperability subcommittee) Re: [cti] Groups - Ballot opened: "Interoperability Subcommittee Proposal"

Hi All,

Just a gentle reminder (to the 78 that have not yet voted) to vote for the interoperability subcommittee at this link:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cti/ballot.php?id=2855

Here’s why:
  • Among the biggest hurdles in adoption is interoperability between implementations;
  • Transparency in compatibility of implementations will allow people to see opportunity, rather then obstacles;
  • Education and support for implementors and users will ensure we get value from CURRENT specifications and implementations, build momentum so we can roll out new iterations of the standards;
  • Open-source and implementor support will be crucial for tooling and libraries, if we don’t grow the group contributing we won’t get there fast enough
We need this group operational asap, please take a moment to vote.

All the best,
Joep

Founder & CEO
Intelworks – Intelligence Powered Defence
www.intelworks.com

Find me at
+31 615489825
@joepgommers

From: "tc_admin@oasis-open.org" <tc_admin@oasis-open.org>
Date: Monday, September 14, 2015 at 10:37 PM
To: Joep Gommers <joep@intelworks.com>

"Interoperability Subcommittee Proposal" has opened.
Ballot Title: Interoperability Subcommittee Proposal

Question
Do you approve the CTI TC establishing the Interoperability Subcommittee as described below? If approved, which co-chairs?

Closing Date: Monday, 21 September 2015 @ 4:30 pm EDT

Description
Subcommittee Name: Interoperability

Proposed Purpose:

The Interoperability SC will help guide adherence to CTI TC-promulgated standards and interoperability between CTI TC standards-based implementations, while encouraging standards maturity throughout the industry.

The SC will develop parameters and processes to allow CTI TC members to test/ validate, and where possible measure the maturity of another organization’s implementation. Testing parameters and processes should be straight-forward and objective to provide clear confirmation that minimum standards' requirements have been achieved. Initially, in regard to maturity measurement efforts, the SC will develop guidelines to support a more qualitative review of an implementation.

In addition, the SC will identify opportunities and approaches to promoting interoperability with externally-defined cyber threat intelligence standards and frameworks.

Currently Proposed Co-chairs (pick two):

• David Eilken

• Joep Gommers

• Patrick Maroney

• Tony Rutkowski

NOTE: Let's try this again, with the full voter roll. One additional detail -- the OASIS balloting system does not seem to allow for question skip logic. If you combine a No vote with a Yes vote, we will follow up with you individually. If you select the first or second option (No or Yes without Co-Chair opinion), you do not have to select another.

Vote
  • No, I do not approve of this motion
  • Yes, I approve of this motion but do not have an opinion on Co-Chair
  • Yes, I approve and vote for David Eilken as a Co-Chair
  • Yes, I approve and vote for Joep Gommers as a Co-Chair
  • Yes, I approve and vote for Patrick Maroney as a Co-Chair
  • Yes, I approve and vote for Tony Rutkowski as a Co-Chair

Group: OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) TC
Date Opened: Monday, 14 September 2015 @ 4:30 pm EDT