cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] OASIS CTI-wide resolution on the MTI serialization

On 20.11.2015 16:55:17, Wunder, John A. wrote:
> I second it.

Thanks, John!

Let the record show that the motion to put the serialization MTI
resolution to a vote passed. Now let's setup a vote so we can take a
decision.

Resolved:
=========
The CTI community will embrace a JSON/JSON Schema-based MTI
representation for the TAXII 2.0, STIX 2.0, and CybOX 3.0 refactoring
efforts.

Elaboration:
============
By adopting an MTI representation, we are explicitly requiring any
vendor or software product claiming CTI-compatibility to minimally
support the JSON serialization. Vendors are free to define and support
additional serializations (XML, protobufs, etc.) to address their
specific use cases, but if they do not support the MTI serialization,
their products are not CTI-interoperable and they cannot claim to
support the CTI standards.

The committee chairs recognize the need for additional optional
serialization formats, either now or in the future. The committee
chairs are prepared to support standardizing alternative serialization
formats for interoperability purposes in collaboration with the
interested parties but until the TC has approved the STIX 2.0, TAXII
3.0 and CybOX 3.0 specifications we as a community do not have the
bandwidth to support this effort.

Regardless of what alternative serialization formats may be defined
and standardized in the future, the JSON MTI will remain the "must be
this tall to ride" in terms of CTI standards compliance.

--
Cheers,
Trey