cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Taking a step back to gain some perspective

+100%...

Thanks for the visual Jerome.

Jane Ginn, MSIA, MRP
Cyber Threat Intelligence Network, Inc.
jg@ctin.us

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 09:17 AM
To: Trey Darley <trey@SOLTRA.COM>
CC: cti@lists.oasis-open.org

Well said Trey, and I too offer an olive branch.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems

On Dec 10, 2015, at 05:43, Trey Darley <trey@SOLTRA.COM> wrote:

All -

Just to be clear, I do *not* underestimate the challenges confronting
us in the infosec space *nor* am I claiming that information-sharing
is the silver bullet that will save the world. Nor do I take it as a
given that our common project will ultimately prove successful in
making a substantial impact.

But I *do* firmly maintain that when you look beyond the issues that
currently divide our community, there is a common goal of trying to
make the internet more secure and thereby make the world a safer
place. The extent to which we're able to come together in spite of our
differences and build upon what unites us in order to forge ahead with
renewed vigor is the overwhelming factor that will determine the fate
of our project and what sort of legacy we leave behind.

We confront some hard problems. But we're a resilient species and have
proven time and again that when the chips are down, we can pull
together to achieve the seemingly impossible. Let us not lose heart,
nor allow our momentum to be deflected by ego or tribalism.

As someone who's emerged as something of a polarizing figure in the
messaging tribe, let me be clear: I'm extending an olive branch. We're
all fighting for the same cause. We can do this together.

--
Cheers,
Trey