cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Cybersecurity Act of 2015

Tony:

Thanks for distilling it down. It's easier for me to print and read ( I know, old school).  You got it down to 32 pages.  Double-sided... it is still in my papers when the Internet is gone.

My children will appreciate that as they go through the estate.

Jane

On 12/18/2015 4:44 PM, Mark Clancy wrote:
Well this site www.stopcyberthreats.com which was setup by the Financial service roundtable as a counter balance to the privacy lobby.

It has some solid counterpoints to those concerns
Mark

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Jason Keirstead
Sent: ‎12/‎18/‎2015 3:43 PM
To: tony@yaanatech.com
Cc: Rich Struse; cti@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi everyone - I just feel like I need to make a comment about this...

This act has received a lot of bad press and has been twisted around and reported on very inaccurately by a number of news outlets

This is just my two cents but I feel quite strongly that we all have a duty as a community in the CTI space to try to communicate, wherever appropriate and possible, the real risks that motivate the liability protections in this act and how threat information sharing actually works in practice. The way many of these news articles are written makes this act sound like a horrible blow to individual privacy, when it is nothing of the sort.

Just food for thought;

-
Jason Keirstead
Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive
            hide details for Tony Rutkowski ---12/18/2015 04:19:53
            PM---Hi Rich, Congratulations to you and your colleaguesTony Rutkowski ---12/18/2015 04:19:53 PM---Hi Rich, Congratulations to you and your colleagues