cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] [cti-taxii] TAXII Materials Submission - TAXII Pre-Draft spec

Hi Bret - good lunch chat.

I'd be delighted to assist in helping move the spec towards the 'essential' interactions we're looking to support, and perhaps move the implementation elements to appropriate bindings. Looking forward to this year's effort.

Cheers!

~r

ron.williams@us.ibm.com | stsm, ibm master inventor | chief architect, infrastructure protection | divisional idt lead | ibm | mobile +1.512.633.7711 | ofc +1.720.349.2236

"Perfection of means and confusion of goals seem - in my opinion - to characterize our age"
- Albert Einstein

Inactive hide details for "Jordan, Bret" ---01/08/2016 02:09:20---I want to also re-state what Mark said.  Mark and I have work"Jordan, Bret" ---01/08/2016 02:09:20---I want to also re-state what Mark said. Mark and I have worked hard on the document thus far, and h

From: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
To: Mark Davidson <mdavidson@soltra.com>
Cc: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 01/08/2016 02:09
Sent by: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

I want to also re-state what Mark said. Mark and I have worked hard on the document thus far, and have received several great submissions of content and lots of feedback. We personally thank all of you that have helped thus far and request that everyone take a look and give us your feedback.

The document is not perfect, and some parts are more rough around the edges than others. But I hope you will be able to see where we are going, and how we have taken all of your feedback over the past 2 years and are trying to forge a better solution for TAXII.

As you read through this document if you think, "I could word this better", please, please, send us your text. Writing normative text is HARD. You will also notice that the document is currently in three different and distinct voices. That will be fixed before we make an official draft. It is just an outgrowth of contributions and massive editing.

We welcome and highly encourage your feedback. For those attending the F2F, we would love to spend some time during BoF time, Dinner, or even after discussing your ideas and feedback.

One point of note... As you read the document, please understand the audiences that we have defined. Section 1 is really targeted at a Product Manager. It should give just enough information for them to know what TAXII is all about and what it will mean to them to implement it, it should also work as a good primer for any average technical person wanting to know more about what TAXII is. Section 2 - X will target actual product architects and developers.

Lets all make TAXII the single best solution for communicating threat intelligence and lets get this done and out the door by late Spring!!!!

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems
PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447 F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Ron Williams/Austin/IBM]