cti message

Subject: UUID-based ID proposal for consideration

All,

In preparation for the TC working session tomorrow, a few of us (myself, Bret, Mark, Jason were involved) put together a proposal for a UUID-based ID format (in contrast to a URI-based format): https://github.com/STIXProject/specifications/wiki/Proposal:-IDs-should-be-UUIDs

It has proposed specification language, examples, JSON schema, and our reasoning for why we prefer it over the URI approach. We can discuss it on the call tomorrow, but if you have any thoughts ahead of time we can also discuss on slack or e-mail.

John