cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] CTI TC Timestamps - Proposed: Adopt the ISO 8601 <start>/<end> construct.

I have thought a lot about this, since Pat first brought it up and I believe he has a solid case for this. I do think that this might be a bit weird in the UI treatments if every timestamp allows a range.  But that is an implementation issue. I have questions of how this differs from precision.  And if we do this, can we not just drop the extra precision field?  That could make processing so much easier.

Before we accept this, I would love to see some normative text written and added to the pre-draft specs.  I would like to see some examples of how precision would effect this and the normative text that would surround it (or can we just drop the precision field).

Can we also get a line or two of text that talks about what to do if your tool can only support one timestamp?  I am guessing you would take the first one?

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems