cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Idea for Internationalization

Yes, doing my option 3 or option 4 allows us to have the translation work done by the original producer and by 3rd parties along the way.  The solution that Ryu and Terry have called out, work, but only for the original producer.  Everyone that wants to add a translation, or fix a translation, would have to re-issue and re-version the entire TLO.  Which will break linkages to campaign and threat actors as the translations grow organically by themselves.

Further, you loose the ability to track the original source.  Also, every time we require some 3rd party to rev the original TLO, we run the risk of losing data markings and other key things.

Options 3 allows for the creation of tiny add-on objects that contain just the fields that one might translate. Option 4, allows you to create effectively a dict of the object and translate any fields you want.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems