cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] CTI TC Timestamps - Proposed: Adopt the ISO 8601 <start>/<end> construct.

+1 Jason

From the analyst's POV, we can't jam them into one field (i.e., Timestamp & Duration).

Keep separate. Important for interpreting TTPs.

Jane Ginn, MSIA, MRP
Cyber Threat Intelligence Network, Inc.
jg@ctin.us

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 05:54 AM
To: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
CC: Patrick Maroney <Pmaroney@Specere.org>,OASIS CTI TC Discussion List <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

The "every timestamp field can be a range" part is new to me.

I don't see how we can make that a TLO field blanket interchangeable. There will be some object types where a single fixed timestamp is all that would be valid. And there will be other object types where a time range would be all that would be valid.

I would rather keep timestamp and time range as two distinct ideas. I don't see a benefit in jamming them into one object.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Jordan, Bret" ---02/02/2016 01:20:32 AM---I have thought a lot about this, since Pat first brought i"Jordan, Bret" ---02/02/2016 01:20:32 AM---I have thought a lot about this, since Pat first brought it up and I believe he has a solid case for