cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] CybOX Object Extensions

I propose that we should add the ability to define and pass the extension object's json schema.

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
Desk: (856)983-0001
Cell: (609)841-5104
Email: pmaroney@specere.org

_____________________________
From: Kirillov, Ivan A. <ikirillov@mitre.org>
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 9:44 AM
To: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

That’s a great question Eldan; I don’t think we’ll ever be completely aware of all future extensions, and therefore we should make our design flexible so that the “base” Object does not have to be updated to take into account new extensions, and also so that custom extensions can be specified.

In the Volume example referenced below, we hard-coded the set of available extensions for the sake of JSON schema validation; however, to support the above goals we’ll likely just need to make the “extended_properties” field an abstract dictionary, with a set of “default” extensions that are available and documented via the specification, but not enforced in the JSON schema:

"extended-properties": {"type": "object"}

Regards,
Ivan