cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Proposed normative text available for Report object refactoring - (Goal: Reach official consensus by Monday)

On 16.02.2016 06:42:23, Allan Thomson wrote:
> I would say that it would be a useful extension of STIX to be able
> to handle passing blobs (regardless of what the blob contains).

Ivan and I *just* had a long conversation about this in the context of
CybOX. The existing Artifact object in CybOX 2.1 allows this in a
CybOX context (although as far as I can tell, no-one is actually using
it so far.)

Time permitting, I'll take a stab this week at defining a "Blob"
object in the CTI Commons spec (with corresponding relationship
types), based roughly on the existing CybOX 2.1 Artifact object.

This would support passing blobs of arbitrary stuff at both the STIX
and CybOX levels. Cool?

--
Cheers,
Trey