cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] Documents

There seems to be two issues – having 3 different specs with the same version number (i.e., up all versions to 3.0) , or having one big spec….

It’s hard to disagree with the former, but I tend to think Sean has a point about the latter…

From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Wunder, John A.
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 1:57 PM
To: Allan Thomson <athomson@lgscout.com>; Jordan, Bret <bret.jordan@BLUECOAT.COM>
Cc: cti@lists.oasis-open.org

I agree. In reality there are lots of interdependencies and they almost always version in sync anyway, so we might as well formalize that. It also simplifies how we talk about things…how many times have you said “well that’s not really STIX, it’s CybOX, so XYZ rather than ABC”? This way we get rid of that issue.

I do agree with Paul’s (separate) concerns about references in, but I think by following what Allan and Bret mentioned we can avoid that and ensure that people only deal with what they have to.

One symptom of the split that I really don’t like is that certain TLOs will have a CTI Common spec version (relationship), others have a STIX one (Indicator), and others have a CybOX one (Observation). That seems very confusing to me…one version to rule them all!

John