cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Documents

On 07.03.2016 19:19:22, Mark Davidson wrote:
> Sean, you said:
>
> > CTI Common 1.0 is an initial version of a standard
>
> Sorry if I missed it, but when did we all decide that we were adding
> this work product? I don’t recall discussion or vote around this,
> but then again I may have missed it.

While there appears to be universal consensus (!) on the prudence of a
CTI Common standard for constructs that are common across both STIX
and CybOX (ie, timestamps, versioning, etc), as Mark rightly points
out we haven't formally established CTI Common as an official CTI TC
work product.

At the January F2F in Tampa I floated the notion of establishing a CTI
Common SC but this got promptly shot down due to concerns about the
proliferation of committees. I am not now advocating creating a new
SC; to maul Eliot, "This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang
but in committee." But we need to do *something* to formalize CTI
Common as a CTI TC work product, jointly overseen by the STIX and
CybOX SCs.

I *think* this calls for a TC-wide vote. Thoughts?

--
Cheers,
Trey