cti message

Subject: RE: [Non-DoD Source] [cti] RE: New Mini-Working Groups (UNCLASSIFIED)

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

+1 Slack and quick (hasty) changes.

- James

-----Original Message-----
From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Casey, Eoghan CIV DC3/DCCI
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 9:22 AM
To: 'Jordan, Bret' <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>; cti@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [cti] RE: New Mini-Working Groups

All active links contained in this email were disabled.  Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser.

----

Bret,

I believe that these efforts to make quick changes risks making hasty changes that are not adequately considered and that we will later regret.

Furthermore, these mini-working groups break the transparency that was expected when moving to OASIS. Frankly, I am surprised that OASIS is permitting the use of Slack - how do those discussion get tracked within OASIS systems? Currently, my organization does not permit access to Slack so we do not have a way to see those discussion, never mind contribute.

Until these questions are resolved, I recommend against these mini-working groups or further breakout discussions on Slack.

Eoghan