cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] RE: Versioning Background Docs

Correct. Hashing won't provide that capability.

Relationships will provide what you're looking for.

-Marlon

From: Jason Keirstead
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 10:56:04 AM
To: Taylor, Marlon
Cc: Mates, Jeffrey CIV DC3/DCCI; cti@lists.oasis-open.org; marlon.taylor@us-cert.gov

Apologize for my confusion but I don't really understand what is being discussed in this thread.

Are people talking about IDs or Versions? What does hashing have to do with versioning?

I (hope?) people are not advocating to simply hash the contents of the object and use that as a version? That is not workable. A version has to be continually incrementing. I need to be able to look at a version and know if it is the latest version or if it is stale. You can't do that with hashes.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Taylor, Marlon" ---03/14/2016 11:42:28 AM---Hi All, Jeff and I spoke offline and we are in agreement"Taylor, Marlon" ---03/14/2016 11:42:28 AM---Hi All, Jeff and I spoke offline and we are in agreement with the hash based approach. Some takeaway