cti message

Subject: Getting Involved

All,

The co-chairs have been talking about ways people can get involved with the understanding that various community members want to be involved at different levels.

So in addition to following the relevant email lists (cti, cti-stix, cti-cybox, cti-taxii, etc) we would offer the following suggestions for those wishing to be more involved in the work.

If you are an organization that:

1) just wants to keep up with where things are going
:= join the monthly CTI wide call to get high level status updates and overviews

2) wants to comment and provide feedback on design elements that are up for review
:= do item 1 and review the google docs and provide comments and suggestions

3) wants to help design things at a high level
:= do items 1-2 and join the weekly CTI working calls

4) wants to be heavily involved in initial development concepts and ideas
:= do items 1-3 and join the slack discussions and contribute to the discussions.  Do not worry if you can not be on during your work hours, a lot of people catch up after we are done with our day jobs.  Further, given timezone and work hour issues, you will see people pop in and out of discussions all through the 24 hour day.

5) want to be part of core design proposals
:= do items 1-4 and join the various working groups

The way ideas generally flow is like (but ideas can come in at any time, over any means, email, monthly calls, etc):

A) working group comes up with a proposal or two that meets the majority of known use cases and work flows.

B) those proposals get discussed on slack and on weekly working calls until such a time as we get to a general steady state.

C) the proposed solution then gets put out to the email list and added to the google docs for general comments and suggestions.  At this stage tweaks, changes, modifications can be made over and over as needed until we reach general consensus, or in some cases formal consensus through a ballot.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems