cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Verisoning Discussion @ CTI Working Discussion

It seems like another important topic is is versioning MVP (should we include it in STIX 2.0, or wait until 2.1+)?

I know that the working group leaders believe that it is, but it seems like we should talk through that as a group before digging into these deeper topics just in case the community as a whole feels differently.

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Marlon Taylor <Marlon.Taylor@hq.dhs.gov>
Date: Monday, March 28, 2016 at 10:38 AM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi All,

During the CTI call tomorrow we will discuss versioning, more specifically implicit vs explicit relationships. During this discussion it will be beneficial to identify:

·         What’s the difference?

o   With Implicit Relationships - as a version is updated, the relationships of the former as passed along to the latter.

o   With Explicit Relationships - as a version is updated, it is new with no prior relationships.

·         Is there any use-case/rationale for either?

o   Arguably one can state they both can result in a version update where the relationships of the former exist in the latter.

·         Should they be mutually exclusive?

Please join the call tomorrow to learn about and contribute to this topic.

Feel free to use this thread as a notebook for your views/questions/ideas for tomorrow’s discussion.

Marlon Taylor

Technology Services Section (TSS)

National Cybersecurity & Communications Integration Center (NCCIC)

U.S. Department of Homeland Security