cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] MVP Discussion

There are three distinct topics for the CTI TC to discuss in this thread but want to focus on the MVP discussion with my perspectives and suggestions for consideration by the community at large.

Please note full support of the core objectives here of clearly defining our near term road map for our initial MVP release ASAP. This is an argument for a alternative approach to the MVP process to meet this shared community objective.

(1) We should simply vote up/down (Yes/No/Abstain) the Items (aka "Features") for inclusion in the initial release MVP.

(2) Some Items are not well described, are highly subjective in interpretation, or have an obvious bias in their descriptions. We should allow for iteration through this process. If one is not certain of the implications to their Use Cases and Requirements, they can Abstain in this round and make comments on these Items.

(2.1) Using this process we should clearly identify those broad consensus Must Items for inclusion in the MVP in the first round. The subcommittees and working groups can immediately continue/begin work on these Items.

(2.2) We will also identify those Items requiring further definition for a reasoned CTI TC decision for inclusion in the initial MVP (or deferred to subsequent rounds).

(2.3) There may also be some complexities and inter-relations that impact other Items. We will prioritize those deferred Items where they intersect with CTI TC consensus Items view identified (2.1). This also helps us triage and select items for deferred discourse in subsequent rounds.

(3) I do not agree at all with ruling anything out for future consideration. These are long term decisions for the CTI TC and we should not in anyway arbitrarily constrain our vision/options now.

(4) An approach that requires discourse on future features/functions now will only delay our progress. By leaving all options on the tables for future consideration we can desensitize our current discourse, collectively and narrowly focus on "what" an MVP Item is for the next release of the CTI TC standards. We can then iteratively apply our Lessons Learned, community outreach/engagement, consensus building on what will be included in the next release.

We all move forward together.

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
Desk: (856)983-0001
Cell: (609)841-5104
Email: pmaroney@specere.org