cti message

Subject: Withdrawal of the ballot to approve TAXII V1.1.1 as a Committee Specification

Members of the CTI TC,

Yesterday during a review of the TC roster, the TC Chair, Secretary and Subcommittee Co-Chairs determined that roster was significantly inaccurate on Voting Rights. A large number of members who had lost voting rights for non-attendance at TC meetings [1] were still designated as eligible to vote on the ballot to approve TAXII V1.1.1 as a Committee Specification [2].

In light of the discrepancy, we agreed that it would be impossible for the results of the ballot to be considered valid.

After discussion, Rich Struse, TC Chair, requested that I withdraw the ballot and I have done so.

The roster can be brought up to date and the TC can request that a new ballot be run to consider approving TAXII V1.1.1 for Committee Specification.

---

[1] The rules governing voting rights in OASIS can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership-votingMember. Members who fail to attend two consecutive meetings of the full TC lost voting rights. Members who attend two consecutive meetings of the TC gain voting rights. The roster system unfortunately does not automatically calculate voting rights.

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2922

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298