cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] RFI & Motion: JSON MTI & JSON Schemas

Hi folks,

One clarification regarding the OASIS rules in this respect. This is required by https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#specQuality, item 7 'Computer Language Definitions.'

If a specification contains any "normative computer language definitions" whether fragments or in whole then they must be "provided in separate plain text files," those files must be referenced from the narrative text of the specification, and should there be any disagreement between the definition found in the specification and the separate file, the definition in the separate file prevails.

This isn't something the TC can overrule. Your separate computer language file will be the normative, definitive version.

/chet

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 12:30 PM, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@newcontext.com> wrote:
Jason Keirstead wrote this message on Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 13:21 -0300:
> I agree - but I would also propose that we do not vote on a normative spec,
> until there is an affiliated schema artifact attached, regardless of if
> that artifact is classified as informative or not.

I agree that an non-normative schema is required before final vote of
the specification..  I said exactly that in my comments when I voted
for JSON to be MTI...

But as John said, Pat's question was not about a non-normative JSON
schema, but a _normative_ JSON schema, hence my comments...

--
John-Mark