cti message

Subject: Fwd: [staff-bizdev] FYI about Draft RFCs: ISAO SO Documents Posted for Comment

Members of the CTI TC,

I'm forwarding this email from Robin. The ISAO Standards Organization has released at set of draft documents with a request for comments, linked below. Please feel free to share these with others who may be interested.

Feel free to shoot us any questions.

Best regards,

/chet

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>
Date: Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:02 AM
To: Staff BizDev <staff-bizdev@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>

FYI, in case this was missed (I missed it initially):

The ISAO SO has reached an important milestone. Volunteers came together in January with a common goal of producing useful guidelines for the creation and functioning of ISAOs. The Request for Comment (RFC) documents below span the range of topics represented by our six Standards Working Groups. While these documents are still in development, the ISAO SO is committed to providing early and ongoing opportunities for public comment and debate. Your thoughtful inputs and constructive suggestions are important to the development of effective voluntary standards and guidelines.

Comments received by Friday, June 17th, will be reviewed by the Standards Working Groups and adjudicated for inclusion or adjustment of the draft documents. Based on comments received, the ISAO SO may elect to post additional RFCs before final standards and guidelines are made available under the Published Products page.

===========

The Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (ISAO) Standards Organization (SO), in partnership with the six established ISAO SO Standards Working Groups (SWG), has posted nine Request for Comment (RFC) documents reflecting our progress since the working groups were established four months ago.  This is the first iteration of draft products that will be used in the development of voluntary standards for ISAOs as they relate to Executive Order 13691.

The RFC documents span the range of topics represented by our six Standards Working Groups.  While these documents are still in development, the ISAO SO is committed to providing early and ongoing opportunities for public comment and debate.  Your thoughtful inputs and constructive suggestions are important to the development of effective voluntary standards and guidelines.  Comments can be submitted via our Draft Products page.  Additional questions can be directed to Contact@isao.org.

Comments received by Friday, June 17th, will be reviewed by the Standards Working Groups and adjudicated for inclusion or adjustment of the draft documents.  (Comments will be accepted after this date, but may not be reflected until later iterations of draft standards documents.)  Based on comments received, the ISAO SO may elect to post additional RFCs before final standards and guidelines are made available under the Published Products page.

As part of our collaborative, transparent, and industry-driven process, the ISAO SO has scheduled a public meeting to discuss these draft documents and we encourage you to attend to share your views and shape the further development of these important products.  The open forum will be held May 19, 2016, in Anaheim, California.  For additional information about the meeting, to make reservations, and to take advantage of discounted rates at the Hilton Anaheim, please visit our Event page at www.ISAO.org

Please take time to review these draft products and share your thoughts and recommendations.  Hope to see you in Anaheim!

Regards,

Rick

Richard A. Lipsey

Deputy Director