cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] i18n (RE: MVP Discussion) - An Updated Proposal

Hi, Trey,

Thank you for your confidence in me.
I am back from my Golden Week vacation.

I am not yet familiar with Slack, but I have spun up the i18n channel on Slack.
I will put out a call for volunteers soon.

Regards,

Ryu

-----Original Message-----
From: Trey Darley [mailto:trey@soltra.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:21 PM
To: Masuoka, Ryusuke/益岡 竜介
Cc: Jordan, Bret; John-Mark Gurney; Wunder, John A.; Mates, Jeffrey CIV DC3/DCCI; cti@lists.oasis-open.org

On 28.04.2016 10:48:46, Masuoka, Ryusuke wrote:

> > Ryu, would you be willing to lead the i8n working group?
>
> I am not exactly sure what is involved, but yes, I would if there is a
> reasonable okay within the community.

Ryu, I can think of no one in the TC better qualified to lead the i8n working group than you.

> One caveat is that I am about to leave the office now for the Golden
> Week (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(Japan)) and that I
> will be off-line for a week. (I will be back in office 5/6 (Fri)
> JST.)

I don't see that as a major issue. We can touch on this during the TC call today, put out a call for volunteers, and spin up a Slack channel dedicated to the i8n working group. There's enough material already on the table with the existing proposals for meaningful progress to occur while you're out for Golden Week.

(Also, TIL what Golden Week is, for which I thank you!)

> I will be attending the April CTI TC Meeting from 12:00AM JST tonight,
> though...

Marvelous! I know that it's no fun doing a TC call at midnight. Really appreciate you making the effort, Ryu!

--
Cheers,
Trey