cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] CybOX Containers in STIX

I believe what DFAX's desire here is to be able to reference content previously defined *in STIX* and have valid cross-references to CybOX using the GUIDs.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Jordan, Bret" ---06/24/2016 09:30:33 AM---We understand the problem so much more now than we did bac"Jordan, Bret" ---06/24/2016 09:30:33 AM---We understand the problem so much more now than we did back in DC. And the in looking at the struct

From: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
To: Trey Darley <trey@kingfisherops.com>
Cc: John-Mark Gurney <jmg@newcontext.com>, "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>, "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 06/24/2016 09:30 AM
Sent by: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

We understand the problem so much more now than we did back in DC. And the in looking at the structure it really does not makes sense to have a STIX TLO called cybox-container. In DC it was all a bunch of hand-waving, we never actually spelled out the contents of the container. But now that we have put pen to paper, it really does not fit or work.

Further, if other standards want to use CybOX they can use it the same way that STIX and MAEC are going to use it. MAEC for example is not going to use STIX objects to use CybOX data. That just does not make sense.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems
PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447 F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Jason Keirstead/CanEast/IBM]