cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] CybOX Containers in STIX

Yeah agreed, I had a side channel with Trey and we talked about how more examples/workflows would be really helpful. I can take some time today or tomorrow and put some together, this would be a great topic to have settled soon.

From: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Date: Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 9:47 AM
To: "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>
Cc: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>

And we should carefully go through the workflows for these to make sure they do in fact work as we think we need them to work.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP

Blue Coat Systems

On Jun 30, 2016, at 07:13, Wunder, John A. <jwunder@mitre.org> wrote:

RE: CybOX being optional…the thought was that you might want to say you saw something (e.g. an indicator) 150 times without providing detailed CybOX for what you had actually seen. It was mainly for the sighting use case vs. the observation w/o sighting use case.

I’ve noticed that our design approach for Observation/Sighting makes things consistent across like 4 different use cases, but the tradeoff is that when you look at it for any single one of those use cases it might appear to have some extra fields or weird features. IMO it’s probably a good thing (they all seem like important use cases) but it does mean we need to explain how it should work very well in documentation.

John