cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Attack Motivations

What about unknown? Or unspecified?

I know the field is currently optional but these might still be valid assignments to the field to convey.

So not including the field is not the same as assigning to undefined/unknown and conveying that.

From: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Date: Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 9:15 PM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti] Attack Motivations

All,

Intrusion Sets and Threat Actors both use the Attack Motivations vocabulary.  Right now we have the following terms in that vocab:

  1. accidental
  2. coercion
  3. dominance
  4. ideology
  5. notoriety
  6. organizational-gain
  7. personal-gain
  8. personal-satisfaction
  9. revenge
  10. unpredictable

I propose that we add the following thee terms to this list, I missed them when I was putting this list together.

  1. amusement
  2. advantage (competitive, political, economic)
  3. anarchy

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP