cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Attack Motivations

I concur strongly
Some common taxonomies and enumerations were captured here
http://www.frhack.org/research/Information_Security_Vocabularies.xlsx

My experience of developing softwares (for 15+ years) using enumerations in combo lists, etc. in a domain like cybersecurity let me think here that exhaustive "cover them all and please everybody" enumerations can't be found.
An approach using a hierarchical categorization/classification (I.e. Multi steps for 1) select a general category - mandatory 2) select a more detailed category between the ones of 1) - optional) helps ensuring a minimum of coherence without "giving headaches" to those who hate (being specific) spending more than 5s finding The value in a list.
E.g.: views in CWE, CAPEC