cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Proposal to create CTI User Council

I would support this being set up in OASIS and think it would be a pretty good value add.

For the below of most IR and CTI people not being in OASIS, that is true but each org or member of this CTI group can easily ping folks within their organization to ask for assistance.

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Date: Monday, August 8, 2016 at 1:50 PM
To: JE <je@cybersecurityscout.eu>
Cc: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>, Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

Caution: This email came from outside Kaiser Permanente. Do not open attachments or click on links if you do not recognize the sender.

It feels like this should be done outside of OASIS land, and I would support this if done outside of OASIS land.  I do not think the catch all CTI-Users forum is the place to do this either...

I was always in favor of a users group being setup (outside of OASIS).  I think there would be real value in having a place to talk about usability aspects and implementation aspects.  I could see this group building lot of good material for how to use STIX and TAXII in a security playbook.  But IMHO, it would be best to do this all outside of OASIS land. If you tried to do this in OASIS, then the majority of people you would want to be part of this, could not be.  As they would not be OASIS members.  Most IR people and day-2-day analysts are not members of OASIS, even if their company or organization is.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP

Blue Coat Systems