cti message

Subject: Vocabularies

I have been spending a lot of my time working through the vocabularies and for our working call tomorrow, I would like to review the status of some of them.

Here is our current list and my assessment of where they are:

Attack MotivationGREEN
Needs some minor tweaks, probably 90% there

Attack Resource Level: GREEN
Just needs a final review, probably 98% there

Attack Sophistication Level: YELLOW
Possible changes, maybe 75% there.

Course of Action Label: RED
I think we should pull this until Course of Action actually gets done or the OpenC2 group submits their proposal

Entity Class: GREEN
Just needs a final review, probably 98% there

Incident Label: RED
I think we should pull this until Incident actually gets done

Indicator LabelRED
This vocabulary is not in good shape and really needs some help

Industry Sector: GREEN
Just needs a final review, probably 98% there

Malware Label: GREEN
Just needs a final review, probably 98% there

Pattern Language: GREEN
Just needs a final review, probably 98% there

Report Label: YELLOW
This vocabulary is probably 50% there.  It may need a lot of help

Threat Actor LabelGREEN
Needs some minor tweaks, probably 90% there

Threat Actor RoleGREEN
Needs some minor tweaks, probably 90% there

Tool LabelRED
This vocabulary is not in good shape and really needs some help.  I would recommend that we do not include it with this release unless someone can really do something with it.

So of the 14 vocabs I classify:
8 of them as GREEN (small amount of work or just review)
2 of them as YELLOW (may need some work )
4 of them as RED (need massive amount of work or should be dropped)

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems