cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] Motion to Create OASIS Open Repository for CybOX 3.0 Schemas and Examples

I agree with Trey and Bret 100% in the context of TC Work Product repos [1]. The maintainer of these repos is equivalent to the document editor role for prose specifications.

The CybOX 3.0 Schemas/Examples repo is an Open Repository [2], which is used for non-work-products. In STIX, I believe we agreed that the JSON schemas were non-normative, hence the decision to use an open repo. Assuming the same logic applies to CybOX (the JSON schemas are non-normative), this should be an open repo rather than a work product repo.

My reason for volunteering as a maintainer is based on my experience running the (STIX|CybOX|TAXII)Project organizations on GitHub, and a desire to take work off of the editors' plates. I certainly don't plan to attempt to influence the specifications themselves by accepting things into the open repositories. That said, if it concerns anyone, I'll withdraw my "amended" motion.

Greg

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/github-repositories-for-oasis-tc-members-chartered-work
[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/open-repositories