cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Motion to merge CybOX into STIX

I second the motion.

Patrick Maroney

Office:  (856)983-0001

Cell:      (609)841-5104

President

Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.

PO Box 569

Marlton, NJ 08053

From: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Trey Darley <trey@kingfisherops.com>
Date: Monday, September 26, 2016 at 1:03 PM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti] Motion to merge CybOX into STIX

Hi, everybody -

Given that there was overwhelming consensus with the proposal that was

presented during last week's TC calls to merge CybOX into STIX, the

next step is to open a ballot measure.

(For those of you who were unable to make the TC calls, you can review

the slide deck [0] for background.)

This community proposal has been thoroughly discussed by the

co-chairs, document editors, and the more active contributors in the

TC. After careful consideration and debate we feel that this merger

has significant advantages for the TC in terms of interoperability,

document management, and improved market perception of STIX.

We're *just* talking about renaming CybOX to "STIX Cyber Observables"

and merging the documents. The CybOX SC will continue its development

efforts under a new name. External standards will still be able to

leverage the standard formerly known as CybOX by simply referring to

the appropriate subsection of the STIX standard.

Supporters of this resolution

=============================

  * Aharon Chernin (Soltra)

  * Allan Thomson (LookingGlass)

  * Alexander Foley (Bank of America)

  * Bret Jordon (Blue Coat)

  * Christian Hunt (New Context)

  * Daniel Riedel (New Context)

  * David Eilken (Soltra)

  * Ivan Kirillov (MITRE)

  * Jason Keirstead (IBM)

  * John-Mark Gurney (New Context)

  * John Wunder (MITRE)

  * Mark Davidson (Soltra)

  * Patrick Maroney (Integrated Networking Technologies)

  * Richard Struse (DHS)

  * Trey Darley (Kingfisher Operations)

And with that, I present to you the formal resolution text as agreed

upon by the co-chairs and hereby motion to put the proposal to a

formal TC-wide vote. Can I get a second to the motion?

Resolved

========

The OASIS CTI TC will merge CybOX (as a TC work product) into STIX and

rename it to "STIX Cyber Observables" (or "SCO" for short.) The term

"CybOX" will be deprecated in STIX 2.0. The CTI CybOX SC will be

renamed to the "CTI SCO SC".

--

Cheers,

Trey

Kingfisher Operations, sprl

gpg fingerprint: 85F3 5F54 4A2A B4CD 33C4  5B9B B30D DD6E 62C8 6C1D

--

"Every networking problem always takes longer to solve than it seems

like it should." --RFC 1925